Deadline to apply is now Sunday, September 24th!
World Esperanto Youth Organisation (TEJO), in collaboration with the Council of Europe (CoE), organizes the international study session Junularaj Perspektivoj: Rediscussing intercultural dialogue and non-violent communication among young people, at the European Youth Center (EYC) of CoE in Budapest, Hungary. The seminar will give the opportunity to 26 young people living in one of the 46 member states of the Council of Europe to discuss and learn about issues related to non-violent and intercultural communication. Through the study session, the participants will have the opportunity to:
- Raise their awareness of the importance of intercultural dialogue at both local and international levels;
- Exchange opinions, knowledge and good practices; ensure mutual learning between the participants;
- Receive the skills to train young people in non-violent communication and its principles, approaches and practical implementation;
- Create materials on good examples and best practices of youth activities promoting intercultural dialogue and non-violent communication among young people;
- Make this study session a meeting of young people who will act as multipliers after the end of the study session and spread out the results in their local communities.
The study session will take place from the 5th (arrival day) to the 11th (departure day) of November at the European Youth Center (EYC) of CoE in Budapest. The working days of the seminar are from the 6th to the 10th of November 2023, it will be carried out in English and in Esperanto with simultaneous interpretation through hearing aids, mainly. The participants during the seminar dates will receive accommodation and meals from the European Youth Center of CoE.
We are looking for 26 participants to participate in the seminar. The participation costs 50 euros per person, deducted from the reimbursement for travel costs. The accommodation and meals will be organized and covered by the Council of Europe, and we will reimburse up to 350 euros for travel costs by presenting the receipts/invoices. Participants will be responsible for their own insurance.
- Are enthusiastic young people over 18 years old;
- Live in a member state of the Council of Europe (you can find the list here);
- Are able to attend the entire seminar;
- Are able to communicate correctly in English and/or Esperanto;
- Respect diversity and are eager to learn;
- Are interested in non-violent and intercultural communication;
- Are active, or have the aim to be active, in youth activities.
You can apply by filling out the form here before Sunday, September 24th, 2023. If you have any doubts or questions, do not hesitate to contact David at email@example.com to receive answers and clarifications.
TEJO and Council of Europe values diversity and providing equal opportunities. We particularly encourage the application of all potential candidates, regardless of gender or disability. In that last case, please describe how your disability may create special needs, and we will find a solution for you.