Call for Applications for a New Grants Officer
The World Esperanto Youth Organisation (tejo.org) is looking for a new Grants Officer.
Contract: 20 to 40 hours per week for one year with a possibility of renewal.
Salary: between 550€ and 1650€ for a full-time contract depending on the country and experience of the candidate.
Place: Remotely/Work from home
Start: June, July or August 2021
- Application for grants through Erasmus + (projects and operating grants), European Solidarity Corps (ESC, https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en), Council of Europe and European Youth Foundation (projects and administrative grants);
- Research on other grant opportunities and grant frameworks;
- Reporting on grants to agencies;
- Assistance with coordinating projects for TEJO, mainly from the administrative point of view;
- Assistance with administration related to TEJO volunteers;
- Participation in fundraising events for NGOs;
- Additional finance-related tasks, including budgeting, crowdfunding/fundraising campaigns, etc;
- Possibility to perform tasks in other departments of TEJO: for example, in the Committee on External Relations, depending on the preferences and abilities of the candidate.
- Interest in the area of finance and administration;
- Ability to use English professionally and write advanced texts;
- Knowledge of Esperanto or the desire and ability to learn it quickly;
- Competence in the use of a computer to perform the tasks in question;
- Ability to work without close supervision;
- Willingness to fulfil the decisions of the decision-making bodies of the organization;
- Ability to work and communicate with an international team across different time zones;
- Ability to cooperate well with the executive board and staff of TEJO;
- The candidate must prove that they are permitted to work/reside in the European Union.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Knowledge and successful experience in fundraising from private foundations;
- Knowledge and successful experience in fundraising from public funds;
- Successful experience in organizing crowdfunding campaigns.
If you are interested, send a resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the TEJO team.
TEJO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, skin colour, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, and genetic data.