TEJO (Tutmonda Esperantista Junulara Organizo in Esperanto, World Esperanto Youth Organisation in English) is an entirely youth-led organisation exclusively dedicated to youth. It works in the areas of culture, education, and language policies, and promotes intercultural understanding and participation of young people through educational programmes and activities, organised on a voluntary and collaborative basis by using the international auxiliary language Esperanto.
As part of the European Voluntary Service, TEJO invites you to become a full-time volunteer in our Central Office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Being a volunteer doesn’t only mean contributing to the well-being of the organisation, but it is at the same time a personal development. The volunteer will work at the heart of the Esperanto movement – the Central Office of the World Esperanto Association and TEJO, he or she will be able to help with many interesting projects (arranging meetings, information campaigns and the development of internet projects) and also with attending events representing TEJO. EVS is open to all young candidates who are between 18 and 30 years old. The project limits the volunteering to a maximum period of one year, making it possible for more volunteers to have their volunteering experience with us.
The volunteer must show an interest in Esperanto and in learning it before or right after his or her arrival, with the help of our staff and the resources available for free in the office. As a volunteer you’ll certainly learn teamwork and you’ll have an opportunity to bolster your skills, especially with the after-mentioned tasks.
The volunteering work consists of:
- representation and information during congresses and seminars
- administration and management of contacts with European and non-European structures and organisations
- dealing with paper and online mail and maintaining the archives
- an active collaboration in updating TEJO’s websites
The ideal candidate:
- speaks Esperanto, if not the case, shows an interest in learning the language before or right after the start of the volunteering
- likes administrative work
- has some computer skills
- has some knowledge about the youth Esperanto movement
- knows how to make independent decisions
- is ready to collaborate with the board members in relation with the general management of the organisation
- has good knowledge of European youth structures and institutions
- has never taken part in an EVS-project before
Marketing and graphic skills will be an added value during the selection process. These are the qualities of our ideal candidate and we’re aware that not everyone can fulfill them. In the time frame between the selection of the candidate and the start of the volunteering, there will be enough time to train oneself. So don’t hesitate to apply!
The volunteer will work for one year starting from September 2017. He or she will receive an amount of 126€ every week, will have a free place to stay and his or her travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Please send your application to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following documents:
- a resumé or CV (describing your studies and experiences)
- a motivational letter (describing why you want to volunteer for TEJO)
- proof of any involved linguistic or organisational skills, if possible
- a recommendation letter from a trusted organisation or institute, if possible
The deadline to send your application is the 12th of January. Don’t miss this opportunity!
The European Voluntary Service program only accepts candidates from the European Union and from the following countries: Russia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Syria, Tunisia and Morocco.
At this time, the TEJO-volunteer has to work in the Central Office in Rotterdam. Citizens of the EU/EEA can work and live in the Netherlands without any problem, but citizens of many countries still need a work permit and visa. Because the Netherlands doesn’t offer volunteering visas, and because the pocket money doesn’t cover the means of subsistence of the Netherlands, TEJO will take this into consideration during the selection of the volunteer and will try to find the appropriate solutions.
If you have any question, please contact us: email@example.com