As part of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC), TEJO invites you to become a full-time volunteer in our Central Office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Being a volunteer doesn’t only mean contributing to the well-being of the organisation, but is also a chance for your own professional and personal development. The volunteer will work at the heart of the Esperanto movement – the Central Office of the World Esperanto Association and TEJO – helping with many interesting projects and having the chance to represent TEJO at various events.
ESC is open to all between 18 and 30 years old from the listed countries. The project limits the volunteering to a maximum period of one year, making it possible for more volunteers to have their volunteering experience with us.
We are looking for 3 volunteers for the period September 2023 to December 2024. The start date is subject to agreement, from September 2023.
The volunteer must show an interest in Esperanto if they don’t speak it already. TEJO can provide the candidates with Esperanto classes in advance of and at the start of their volunteering. Many of our past volunteers had no prior exposure to Esperanto before joining us.
Potential tasks include:
- representing TEJO during congresses and seminars (at both Esperanto and non-Esperanto events),
- administration and management of contacts with European and non-European structures and organisations,
- active support of the activities of TEJO’s board and working groups,
- dealing with paper and online mail,
- maintenance of the archives,
- active collaboration in updating TEJO’s websites and social network pages
- local action in Rotterdam, maintaining relationships between local organizations and institutions.
The ideal candidate:
- speaks Esperanto, or shows an interest in learning the language
- likes administrative work
- has strong computer skills
- has some knowledge about the youth Esperanto movement
- is independent in managing their own work
- is ready to collaborate with the board members on the general management of the organisation
- has good knowledge of European youth structures and institutions
- has never taken part in an ESC-project before
These are the qualities of our ideal candidate and we’re aware that not everyone can fulfill them. In the time frame between the selection of the candidate and the start of the volunteering, there will be enough time to train oneself. So don’t hesitate to apply!
You will volunteer for up to 12 months. The start date is subject to agreement. You will have free accommodation in Rotterdam and your travel expenses related to your volunteering will be reimbursed.
The application deadline is 30 June 2023.
Please send your application to email@example.com with ESC-2023-alvoko: first name_surname_last name: as an e-mail object along with the following documents in a single *.zip file:
- a resumé or CV (describing your studies and experiences)
- a motivational letter (describing why you want to volunteer for TEJO)
- proof of linguistic or organisational skills mentioned in these documents, if possible
- a recommendation letter from a trusted organisation or institute, if possible
Notice: At this time, the TEJO-volunteer has to work in the Central Office in Rotterdam. Citizens of the EU/EEA can work and live in the Netherlands without any problem, but citizens of many countries still need a work permit and visa. Because the Netherlands doesn’t offer volunteering visas, and because the pocket money doesn’t cover the means of subsistence of the Netherlands, TEJO will take this into consideration during the selection of the volunteer and will try to find the appropriate solutions.
Therefore, we will only be able to accept volunteers with citizenship of one of the following countries:
EU and Schengen countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Cyprus, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal , Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.
For further questions about the program, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org