The World Esperanto Youth Organisation (TEJO) in cooperation with the Council of Europe (CoE) and the Danish Esperanto Youth Organization (DEJO) are organizing the training course (TC) ‘ALT_HRE: An Alternative Approach to Human Rights Education’. The training course will give the opportunity to 20 young people from Council of Europe member states to be trained in the topic of Human Rights Education (HRE) and how to combine it with other forms of youth participation and non-formal education (NFE), like artivism, theatrology and more. More concretely, our participants will have the chance through the training course:
- Learn how to develop their competences as HRE multipliers when organising activities by, with and for young people;
- Explore how HRE in 2021 can progress and be combined with alternative forms of youth participation and NFE, like artivism and theatrology;
- Produce a toolkit with examples of activities to be disseminated among youth organizations and young people in general.
The training course will take place between Tuesday 26th of October (arrival day) until Tuesday 2nd of November 2021 (departure day) in the TC venue in Ry, Denmark.
We are looking for 2 trainers/facilitators:
- With wide experience in Non-Formal Education and facilitating activities with and for young people;
- With a certain level of experience in human rights and youth participation topics, ideally when it comes to Human Rights Education and young people;
- With the ability to work either in English or Esperanto or both.
The 2 trainers will be expected to:
- Prepare the training course’s content together with the TEJO project team;
- Design and prepare any materials they would need to perform the training;
- Deliver the sessions during the training course;
- Provide a report on the sessions of the training course to the project team, after the completion of the training course, for the general reporting purposes.
All the costs for accommodation, meals and traveling will be covered by the project. Additionally, each trainer will receive 500 euros for the services provided, after the TC and after they finalize their reporting deliverables of the TC.
You can apply by sending us an email expressing your motivation to facilitate the training course and your experience in the topics mentioned above to email@example.com by Monday, 6th of September 2021.
Diversity and equal opportunities are very important to TEJO. We especially ask experienced women, non-binary or transgender people to apply.